A bubbly underwater scene gets the finishing touches when the mermaid is dressed up in one of three pretty tails and one of six tops. And that's not the end of the story: Children can mix, match, and rearrange the pieces in this charming chunky puzzle to create 18 unique combinations! Sturdy wooden pieces are easy for young children to grasp and rearrange in search of the perfect look, and are tough enough to stand up to countless playtimes. A good thing--since the included play ideas ensure you'll never run out of ways to play! The pieces store in recessed wells on the puzzle board, so the whole set stores neatly until the next undersea fashion wave.
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Help the child sort the pieces into two groups: tops and tails. Help the child count the pieces in each group. Then count all the pieces together.
- Help the child identify the colors on the pieces. Compare two of the pieces and ask the child: "Does this piece have any colors that the other piece does not?"
- Name a color, pattern, or feature (such as stars or dots) and ask the child to gather all of the pieces that fit the rule. How many outfits can be made with the collected pieces?
- Encourage the child to mix and match the pieces to find a favorite combination.
- Trace a top and tail on a piece of paper and let the child color in her own design. Encourage the child to draw matching jewelry and fish friends as well.
Dimensions: 10" x 12" x 0.75"